(SPECIAL RELIGIOUS DEVELOPMENT)
RESTARTING SEPTEMBER 22
First session, September 2019. Total group.
Group picture after celebrating Reconciliation with Father Caliente. Spring 2019
What is SPRED?
- Special Religious Development for the developmentally and intellectually disabled.
- Specifically, faith formation is dedicated to persons with disabilities.
- Small faith communities in local parishes.
- Inviting places & opportunities for parishioners & persons with disabilities to grow in faith.
- Opportunities for our friends to participate in the Liturgy.
At St. Rita, our SPRED program is available for those ages 21+(other age groups will also be available in the future). We meet most Wednesdays from 6-8 pm.
For more information, please contact Mary Kinney, Rockford Deanery SPRED Parish Chairperson, at 815-519-7066 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPRED TOTAL COMMUNITY SESSIONS 2021-2022 AT 6 PM IN WAHL HALL
- September 22
- October 20
- November 17
- December 15
- January 19
- February 16
- March -TBD
- April 20
- May 18
“We truly love the SPRED Program for our daughter. Everyone is so warm, friendly and helpful and what is really special is that persons of ALL abilities are welcome and given the opportunity to thrive in this program. SPRED has truly been a blessing in our daughter’s life!
As always thank you for all you do. The program really, really is a blessing in Megan’s life and I hope others will try it as we did. It’s just so good for her in so many ways- friendships formed, social outings, and of course exploring our wonderful Catholic faith is a way she can relate.”
— Maryann, mother of Megan